Summer 2013 Enrollment Forms for US Citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens
All summer 2013 participants must complete forms for payment purposes prior to the summer term. Below are the descriptions and forms required for US citizens and permanent resident aliens.
Please note that you need to arrive to the orientation meeting on April 13 at 11:00 am to complete necessary paperwork. Orientation is located at 655 Research Parkway, Oklahoma City, 73104 in the PHF Research Park, building 655, on the 2nd floor.
CHECKLIST - go here
I-9 Form - NEW FORM EFFECTIVE 3.22.13
No white outs on this form. If you make a mistake, put one line through the mistake, and initial and date it.
This form is used for employment eligibility verification and is mandated by the federal government. Please complete page number 7 prior to our meeting. Please note that you must provide acceptable documents from List A or List B and C. Review the list of acceptable documents on this form, and make sure you bring the appropriate documents to the meeting. We will make copies of the documents at the meeting. Failure to bring proper documentation will result in delayed summer payments and could possibly prevent participation in the summer program. Any document from List B must have a photograph in order to be valid for the purpose of the I-9.
Instructions for completing Section 1:
Name: Provide your full legal last name, first name, and middle initial. Your last name is your family name or surname. If you have two last names or a hyphenated last name, include both names in the last name field.
Other names used: Provide all other names used, if any (including maiden name). If you have had no other legal names, write "N/A."
Address: Provide the address where you currently live, including Street Number and Name, Apartment Number (if applicable), City, State, and Zip Code. Do not provide a post office box address (P.O. Box). If you live in Oklahoma City, spell it out instead of writing OKC.
Date of Birth: Provide your date of birth in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
U.S. Social Security Number: . You must provide your social security number. If you do not have a social security number, you must go and apply for one, and then give me the receipt showing you have done so.
E-mail Address and Telephone Number (Optional): You may write "N/A" if you choose not to provide this information.
All employees must attest in Section 1, under penalty of perjury, to their citizenship or immigration status by checking one of the following boxes provided on the form:
1. A citizen of the United States
2. A noncitizen national of the United States: Noncitizen nationals of the United States are persons born in American Samoa, certain former citizens of the former Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, and certain children of noncitizen nationals born abroad.
3. A lawful permanent resident: A lawful permanent resident is any person who is not a U.S. citizen and who resides in the United States under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. The term "lawful permanent resident" includes conditional residents. If you check this box, write either your Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or USCIS Number in the field next to your selection. At this time, the USCIS Number is the same as the A-Number without the "A" prefix.
Sign your name in the "Signature of Employee" block and record the date (mm/dd/yyyy) completed.
Click HERE for the I-9 form.
Direct Deposit Enrollment Form
Direct deposit is the required payroll distribution method for the University of Oklahoma. Legislation passed by the State of Oklahoma makes direct deposit mandatory for all state employees. You must provide either a voided check or an official document from your financial institution, signed by a representative of that institution, showing the financial institution's routing number and your account number. Deposit slips are not acceptable. Please complete the form prior to the meeting.
Special instructions for this form:
1. Leave the employee ID blank
2. Select the Add option under the “I hereby request the following action”
3. Make sure you indicate on the form if you currently receive a check from any state agency including your college. Also indicate who is paying you. Everyone should check that their work at OUHSC is temporary.
Click HERE for the Direct Deposit Form
W-4 Tax Withholding
This form lets our payroll office know how much of your salary should be withheld for tax purposes. If your parents still claim you as a dependent, you might want to seek their advice when completing this form. Special instructions for this form:
1. You must provide a social security number.
2. Please insure you complete box 3 (check if you are singe, married, or married but withhold at a higher single rate).
3. Also, you cannot enter a number of allowances on question 5 and then write exempt in question 7. It must be one or the other.
Employees without a W-4 on file will be taxed at the highest tax rate.
Click HERE for the W-4 Form
This document is required by the State of Oklahoma. Complete and sign your name on the "Affiant's Signature" line. Under department, please write Microbiology and Immunology. We will notarize the form.
Click HERE for the Loyalty Oath
Personal Data Form
All new OUHSC employees must complete and return page one only of the PDF. It is used for statistical purposes only by OUHSC because it is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Leave the employee ID blank.
Click HERE for the Personal Data Form
Background Check Authorization
Under University of Oklahoma policy, the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center will conduct Standard Pre-Employment Background Screening on all new hires and on certain employees to substantiate their qualifications for employment. This document provides authorization and notifies the individual of his rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Special instructions for this form:
1. Under Department, please put Microbiology and Immunology
2. Leave Account # blank
3. Under Requisition #, put INBRE
4. Select New Hire
5. Make sure you sign and date first page
6. You must use a physical address. We cannot accept a P.O. box for an address.
7. Make sure you complete second page and sign and date
Click HERE for the Background Check
W-9 Substitute Payee Registration Form
This form allows us to reimburse you directly for any expenses such as mileage or tuition. Frequently asked questions regarding form:
1. Type of Payee-Select “Other” and write temporary employee
2. Type of Payments-Select Reimbursement Only
3. If your name is different than what is on your social security card, please denote both names in appropriate space.
4. Make sure you indicate if you are related to any OUHSC employee and then name the person and the relationship. Failure to complete this portion will invalidate this form.
5. Make sure you complete the middle supplemental portion of the form
6. If you are a permanent resident of the US, then you must provide your green card.
7. If you are a resident alien for tax purposes of the US, then you must provide passport, visa, I-94 copies and complete the substantial presence test listed in the next section.
8. Sign and date the form.
Click HERE for the W-9 Form