Summer 2013 Enrollment Forms for International Students
All summer 2013 participants must complete forms for payment purposes prior to the summer term. Below are the descriptions and forms required for International students.
Please note that you need to arrive to the orientation meeting on April 13 at 10:30 am to complete necessary paperwork. Orientation is located at 655 Research Parkway, Oklahoma City, 73104 in the PHF Research Park, building 655, on the 2nd floor.
CHECKLIST - go here
I-9 Form Description and Instructions - NEW FORM EFFECTIVE 3.22.13
No white outs on this form. If you make a mistake, put one line through the mistake, and initial and date it.
This form is used for employment eligibility verification and is mandated by the federal government. Please complete page number 7 prior to our meeting. Please note that you must provide acceptable documents from List A or List B and C. Review the list of acceptable documents on this form, and make sure you bring the appropriate documents to the meeting. We will make copies of the documents at the meeting. Failure to bring proper documentation will result in delayed summer payments and could possibly prevent participation in the summer program. Any document from List B must have a photograph in order to be valid for the purpose of the I-9.
Instructions for completing Section 1:
Name: Provide your full legal last name, first name, and middle initial. Your last name is your family name or surname. If you have two last names or a hyphenated last name, include both names in the last name field.
Other names used: Provide all other names used, if any (including maiden name). If you have had no other legal names, write "N/A."
Address: Provide the address where you currently live, including Street Number and Name, Apartment Number (if applicable), City, State, and Zip Code. Do not provide a post office box address (P.O. Box). If you live in Oklahoma City, spell it out instead of writing OKC.
Date of Birth: Provide your date of birth in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
U.S. Social Security Number: . You must provide your social security number. If you do not have a social security number, you must go and apply for one, and then give me the receipt showing you have done so.
E-mail Address and Telephone Number (Optional): You may write "N/A" if you choose not to provide this information.
All employees must attest in Section 1, under penalty of perjury, to their citizenship or immigration status by checking one of the boxes provided on the form:
An alien authorized to work: If you are not a citizen or national of the United States or a lawful permanent resident, but are authorized to work in the United States, check this box.
If you check this box:
a. Record the date that your employment authorization expires, if any. Aliens whose employment authorization does not expire, such as refugees, asylees, and certain citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or Palau, may write "N/A" on this line.
b. Next, enter your Alien Registration Number (A-Number)/USCIS Number. At this time, the USCIS Number is the same as your A-Number without the "A" prefix. If you have not received an A-Number/USCIS Number, record your Admission Number. You can find your Admission Number on Form I-94, "Arrival-Departure Record," or as directed by USCIS or U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CPB).
(1) If you obtained your admission number from CBP in connection with your arrival in the United States, then also record information about the foreign passport you used to enter the United States (number and country of issuance).
(2) If you obtained your admission number from USCIS within the United States, or you entered the United States without a foreign passport, you must write "N/A" in the Foreign Passport Number and Country of Issuance fields.
Sign your name in the "Signature of Employee" block and record the date (mm/dd/yyyy) completed.
click here for the I-9 form
Direct Deposit Enrollment Form: Description and Instructions
Direct deposit is the required payroll distribution method for the University of Oklahoma. Legislation passed by the State of Oklahoma makes direct deposit mandatory for all state employees. You must provide either a voided check or an official document from your financial institution, signed by a representative of that institution, showing the financial institution's routing number and your account number. Deposit slips are not acceptable. Please complete the form prior to the meeting.
Special instructions for this form:
1. Leave the employee ID blank
2. Select the Add option under the “I hereby request the following action”
3. Make sure you indicate on the form if you currently receive a check from any state agency including your college. Also indicate who is paying you. Everyone should check that their work at OUHSC is temporary.
click here for the Direct Deposit form
W-4 Tax Withholding: Description and Instructions
This form lets our payroll office know how much of your salary should be withheld for tax purposes.
Special instructions for this form:
1. You must provide a social security number.
2. Please insure you complete box 3 (check if you are singe, married, or married but withhold at a higher single rate).
3. You cannot enter a number of allowances on question 5 and then write exempt in question 7. It must be one or the other.
Based on the information you provide, there might be an additional form for you to complete called the W-8 Ben. I will not know if you need to complete this form until I have submitted your W-4. I will email you if this form pertains to you.
Employees without a W-4 on file will be taxed at the highest tax rate.
click here for the W-4 form
Loyalty Oath: Description and Instructions
This document is required by the State of Oklahoma. Complete and sign your name on the "Affiant's Signature" line. Under department, please write Microbiology and Immunology. We will notarize your form.
click here for the Loyalty Oath
Employee Personal Data Form: Description and Instructions
All new OUHSC employees must complete and return page one only of the PDF. It is used for statistical purposes only by OUHSC because it is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Leave the employee ID blank.
click here for the Employee Personal Data Form
Background Check Authorization
Under University of Oklahoma policy, the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center will conduct Standard Pre-Employment Background Screening on all new hires and on certain employees to substantiate their qualifications for employment. This document provides authorization and notifies the individual of his rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Special instructions for this form:
1. Under Department, please put Microbiology and Immunology
2. Leave Account # blank
3. Under Requisition #, put INBRE
4. Select New Hire
5. Make sure you sign and date first page
6. You must use a physical address. We cannot accept a P.O. box for an address.
7. Make sure you complete second page and sign and date
click here for the Background Check Authorization form
Foreign National Information Form: Description and Instructions
The information provided on this document will be used to determine eligibility for foreign national tax treaty benefits and income tax obligation while working for the University of Oklahoma. We need to make a copy of your passport, I-94 arrival/departure record, US Visa, and a copy of your I-20 or DS-2019. Failure to provide proper documentation at the orientation meeting could result in incorrect tax withholdings.
Special Instructions for completing the Foreign National Information Form:
1. Under University Position Title, put Temporary Employee
2. Make sure you list a foreign address under section A
3. On section C, make sure you include your original date of entry into the US (line 19), your start and end date of your current purpose as indicated by your visa type (line 20), and complete the next section which indicates your visits to the US and/or change in visa status (line 21).
click here for the Foreign National Information Form
W-8 Substitute Payee Registration Form: Description and Instructions
The form allows us to reimburse you directly for any expenses such as mileage or tuition. Many parts of this form will not apply to you because OUHSC uses the same form for foreign businesses as they do for foreign individuals.
Special Instructions for completing this form:
1. Type of Payee-Select “Other”, then write temp employee
2. Type of Payment-Select “Reimbursement Only”
3. Next section, put foreign address; however, read the fine print in this box to see if it applies to you.
4. The next section which deals with purchase order information should be left blank
5. Remit to information-Put local address because this is where your check will be mailed.
6. Product return information, customer service contact information, and business classification will all be left blank.
7. On the second page under the supplemental information section, please select yes for question 1) The income derived in this relationship will be US sourced income that is effectively connected with the conduct of a trade or business with the US.
8. Put “no” for question number 2
9. Make sure you list SSN or ITIN or EIN number next.
10. Claim of treaty benefits section is almost always left blank
11. Make sure you sign and date
click here for the W-8 Substitute Payee Registration form
International Information Form: Description and Instructions
This form is part of the W-8 listed above. The only section you will not need to complete is the honorarium/speaker fee listed in the middle of the form. Please make sure you enter the dates under the visa type activity-substantial presence test section. Under the passport and visa section on the first page, please select “other” and write temporary employee for the primary purpose/activity of visit.
click here for the International Information form